The Newest from Breitling: Navitimer 8
May 1st, 2018
At this year's Baselworld—the world's largest watch-and-jewelry trade show, taking place annually in Switzerland—Breitling unveiled their latest collection of showstopping timepieces, the Navitimer 8.
The evolution of the signature Navitimer 1 to the Navitimer 8 collection is one that looks to the past to bring something new to this collection. The Navitimer 8 is named for Breitling's "Huit Aviation" which dates back to the 1930s department. This stunning new collection draws inspiration from Breitling's history in flight—vintage, but with a fresh and modern take, with nods to features seen in WWII plane cockpits as well as the iconic pilot's watch. Breitling's intricate history in flight really shines through with the Navitimer 8 collection.
The Navitimer 8 is available in five different watches, with both chronograph and non chronograph styles, making it a perfect choice for any kind of watch collector.
Here are some of our favorite features from each of the watches in the collection:
- Navitimer 8 B01: has a 70 hour power reserve and an exhibition caseback
- Navitimer 8 Chronograph: 100M water resistance and available in steel or black DLC case
- Navitimer 8 Automatic: clean and simple look with caliber 17 movement
- Navitimer 8 Unitime: world-time indication through an independent hour hand, adjusted with the crown—perfect for the frequent traveler
- Navitimer 8 Day & Date: displays the day of the week in addition to the date on the face
With so many variations to choose from, this unique take on a Breitling favorite is sure to become an instant classic. To see these incredible new timepieces for yourself, be sure to stop in and speak to a watch expert at Gerald Peters.