Top 15 Engagement Facts
July 15th, 2014
You're engaged! What could be more thrilling than the love of your life getting down on one knee, pronouncing his everlasting love, asking you to spend the rest of your life with him as his wife, and giving you a beautiful engagement ring? As you spend the next few weeks, months or years planning out your dream wedding, you will spend most of your time selecting a stunning wedding dress, choosing pretty flower bouquets and other floral arrangements, asking friends to be your bridesmaids and groomsmen, selecting a pretty wedding and reception venue, and picking your first dance song etc. Your engagement and wedding talk may dominate every conversation, so why not mix it up with some engagement facts instead? They're interesting and they might even help you to make some planning decisions!
- The most popular month for engagement is December.
- 61% of guys consult their girlfriend before buying the ring.
- The cost of the average engagement ring is $5,229.
- 27% of brides call their best friend first after the proposal.
- 75% of brides change their Facebook status soon after they get engaged.
- Every year at Disney World, approximately 2,000 couples get engaged.
- 29% of men would wear and engagement ring.
- The average length of engagements: 14.7 months.
- 75-100 couples take the ferry to the Statue of Liberty every year to propose.
- 7% of our Facebook readers dated 3 months before they got engaged.
- The percentage of couples who take engagement photos: 69%
- 37% of brides were completely surprised by the proposal.
- 10% of all engagements (220,000) take place on Valentine's Day each year.
- 52% of brides say they would wear a colored stone in their engagement ring.
- 46% of couples announce their engagement via Facebook.